Information We Gather
- SimTutor collects personal information when you register with us, use SimTutor products or services or post content on a SimTutor web site, social media account or blog.
- SimTutor may also collect personal information if you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
- SimTutor automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request. We also collect other useful information as part of our analytics services, in order to improve the Service.
- SimTutor may collect billing information if you sign up for a paid Service, which may include your name, address, telephone number, credit card details, and other information that is necessary in order to process the transaction. These details may be retained at your request for ongoing automated billing.
- When signing up for any affiliate reseller program, SimTutor may collect additional details in order to process payments and comply with tax law, which may include your social security number, (IRD number if in NZ) or your organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), your address, and other information as appropriate.
- SimTutor uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, support, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Information We Gather
- Should you sign up for a SimTutor paid account, we require your billing information in order to process the transaction.
- If your subscription is auto-renewing, a recurring subscription will be created at our payment system, the payment system will store your billing information on their secure payment gateway for as long as necessary to carry out the terms of your subscription.
- Should you cancel your subscription, your billing information will be immediately removed.
- All transactions are processed over an industry standard SSL/TLS connection, with a minimum of 128-bit encryption.
- Your credit card details are held in encrypted form in a secure online vault by our payment processing partner, Direct Payment Solutions (DPS), and are not accessible to any SimTutor employees.
SimTutor occasionally obtains IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web sites. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting SimTutor's web sites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use the SimTutor Services or products properly, you may not be able to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all other offerings.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
- SimTutor uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the SimTutor Sites, Products and Services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the SimTutor Sites, Products and Services.
Information Relating to Children
Individuals under the age of 18 are prohibited from creating paid accounts through SimTutor. Students under the age of 18 may, however, use SimTutor through student accounts created by their teachers.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
- SimTutor does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the SimTutor web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
- We do not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- SimTutor may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the SimTutor products and services, or to do something that you have asked us to do. We use other third parties such as a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- From time to time, SimTutor or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. From such personal information, SimTutor may derive and store non-identifying and aggregate information in order to:
- Better facilitate that sponsorship, promotion, sweepstake or contest; or
- Share with our advertising agencies or other consultants. For example, we may tell an advertising agency that “X” number of our customers are aged over 45, but we will not disclose anything that could be used to personally identify any of those individuals.
- You may opt out of emails you receive from SimTutor or any of our partners for promotions, sweepstakes, contests or newsletters by emailing email@example.com
- When you register for SimTutor, we collect user-submitted account information such as username and email address to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service.
- When you post content on a SimTutor web site, social media account or blog, you have the ability to post content which may include personally identifiable information about yourself.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, social media account or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
SimTutor may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular SimTutor account or by placing a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- In certain areas, SimTutor uses industry-standard encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If SimTutor learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using SimTutor or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
- You can edit your account information with SimTutor at any time.
- You cancel your account by providing written notice of cancellation; we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete such information by making the change on our user home page, or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a privacy concern regarding SimTutor, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you should complete a support request at www.simtutor.com/contact-us or you can write to us by email at email@example.com by mail at: SimTutor, Ltd. 103 Carbine Road, Mount Wellington, Auckland 1060.