SimTutor Author is the powerful e-Learning solution offered by SimTutor Inc. SimTutor Author is an intuitive app that is also integrated into Microsoft Teams, allowing employers to easily distribute training in their existing networks.
The integration of SimTutor Author with Microsoft Teams allows supervisors and training managers to conveniently and instantly share learning modules as well as collaborate internally via video conferencing, voice chat, or direct messaging.
Here are the steps to get started with SimTutor in Microsoft Teams:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams.
2. Click on the Microsoft Teams App Store.
3. Search for “SimTutor”.
4. Select the SimTutor app and add it to Teams.
5. Once the SimTutor App is downloaded, choose which team you’d like to collaborate with.
6. In SimTutor, you will see a drop-down menu where you can build a new simulation or, once you have built simulations, choose from your existing simulations.
7. From this drop-down menu, you can create and edit simulations or send them out to learners.
8. If you don’t have a simulation built yet, an interactive tour will launch automatically to guide you through the process.
9. After choosing your simulation option, a new “Launch Mode” drop-down menu will appear.
10. From this menu, click “edit” to enter the SimTutor Author editing screen.
11. The SimTutor Author editing screen allows you and your team to edit the simulation using the powerful authoring features.
12. When creating or editing a simulation, you can easily upload existing photos, videos, and PowerPoint files to SimTutor’s wide range of interactive step types.
13. Clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the program allows you to collaborate with other team members when creating or editing simulations.
14. The chat tab also allows you to start a video call and share the screen with team members.
15. Once the creating/editing process is finished, you can share the simulation with team members who need to complete it by creating a new tab within Teams and selecting “Play” in the Launch Mode drop-down menu.
16. This new tab will automatically run the simulation, and you can add learners to the tab who need to complete the simulation.
17. If learners have questions or need to work through the simulation collaboratively, they can use the Teams chat feature or video call feature.
Simulation-based training is a powerful tool that can be used across multiple industries such as the healthcare industry, hospitality industry, education industry, business industry, and more. Below, we break down just how simulation training can be used as a solution to industry-specific problems like:
Working in the hospitality industry, it is not a question of if you will have to deal with an unhappy client but a matter of when you will have to deal with an unhappy client. Despite everyone’s best intentions, it is an unavoidable aspect of the hospitality industry. SimTutor Author’s simulations allow for branching scenarios to be built within the simulation. A branching scenario is a learning activity that presents learners with a question or problem that has multiple potential answers, each with a consequence or set of consequences. Learners can practice navigating simulated scenarios by imitating the demands and responses of unhappy clients. Choosing from a list of potential answers, a learner can experience how a customer would respond to certain actions with the comfort of knowing that the decisions don’t have real-life consequences for the business. This type of scenario challenges learners to apply their theoretical knowledge, experience, and intuition to practical applications within the learning activity.
The Healthcare industry is a mission-critical industry where mistakes generally result in significant, real-life consequences. Simulation-based training has been adopted by many high-stakes industries to facilitate valuable learning experiences while minimizing the risks involved within the industry. In the healthcare industry, online medical simulations offer an adaptable and cost-effective way for trainees to practice and develop decision-making and procedural skills safely, without any risk or harm to actual patients. Facilitators can create a virtual medical simulation of any process or procedure, which allows learners to practice through a learn-by-doing model without any of the real-world repercussions of failure.
Customer service is a vital role for any organization. The performance of customer service professionals is an important part of the customer’s experience and vital for retention. A business that wants to provide their customers with a good impression during their first point of contact, and consecutive point of contact, needs to have customer service representatives that are experienced and knowledgeable in handling all customer interactions. The best way for customer service representatives to build confidence is through practice. SimTutor Author’s simulations can be built with branching scenarios that can be used to strengthen a business’s customer service procedures. A branching scenario presents learners with a question or problem that has multiple potential answers. Each answer has its consequence that can be good or bad. In a branching scenario, if a learner picked an answer that leads to the simulated customer becoming more upset, they would have opportunities to try and redeem their earlier mistake and win back the customer. Experiences like these build confidence and competence in learners in learners while avoiding the costly consequences of making a mistake in the field.
The banking and financial services industries are competitive and highly regulated. The difference between success and failure often comes down to the effectiveness of the compliance, onboarding, and skills training that employees go through. Scenario-based e-learning like SimTutor’s simulation software not only improves retention but can improve employee decision-making. Realistic simulations of processes and products can drive better learning outcomes among new hires, enabling them to hit the ground running better than traditional training methods. Simulations featuring compliance training online can be individualized to relevant job roles. The immersive scenarios are recreated to resemble real-life situations so trainees are forced to react and make decisions within these scenarios and can learn from the consequences of any mistakes or mishandlings without risk of harm. This leads to a better understanding of the scenario and the available solutions more quickly.
A functional sales team is paramount to the success and longevity of a business, and a successful sales team requires individuals who are extremely familiar with product knowledge, handling different customers, and understanding business protocols. SimTutor Author offers more than one training module that can be used in the skill development of a business’s sales team. Branching scenarios can simulate interactions between sales representatives and potential customers, allowing the salesperson to run through multiple scenarios. Hotspot tools force learners to correctly identify any different areas, parts, or pieces to build confidence and product knowledge. One of the biggest upsides of building these simulated online courses is that they allow for mobile learning. Learners can take the courses anywhere, anytime, so as long as they have access to the simulation, they can access the products, protocols, and procedures they need to build confidence.
If you are ready to learn more about how SimTutor Author’s simulation-based training can work for your business, book a demo today. Booking a demo allows you to experience the true ease of creating your training objects with SimTutor Author. You can also receive 30 days of SimTutor free when you download the SimTutor Author app in Microsoft Teams.